Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our children change us... whether they live or not.
-Lois McMaster Bujold


So, i'm sitting here taking break while the husband goes out to get some brand new sheet's for the guest bed. Spent an hour so far cleaning up the house. Yup company is coming over (i.e the parent's). So I have to have this apartment squeaky clean. It's so gray outside i'm waiting for a downpour any minute but still nothing. It's one of those day's where it feels so gloomy and all you want to do is sleep. I don't know if it's just me but on day's like this I feel so lazy and just want to sit around in bed with a nice thick book. There's alway's next time since it's supposedly going to rain again tomorrow. I have to say it is really nice to take a break and i'm glad that the husband went out. Sometime's we need this space because I know i'm moody alot but when you add in his moodiness well it's not a nice picture. So cleaning has made him just as moody as me and i'm tired of just snapping at each other. I really have no patience. Ask anyone.

Earlier this morning my daughter looked as if she might be walking on her own sometime soon. For the first time she let go of my leg's to take a few step's but then she fell. After that she went over to the toy my parent's bought her (it's a toy that fold's into a walker) which she has been to afraid to use and actually started walking with it. I couldn't believe it and she started to laugh. Then she was going way to fast which led to her almost falling but I was so proud of her. I have been waiting for this day since she was about seven month's. Now it's just waiting for that day where she'll continue to take those step's by herself. Watching her gradually overcome her obstacle's just remind's me that each day bring's her closer and closer to adulthood.

No comments: